LG, the South Korean tech giant is eyeing for dominance in the smartphone industry. Even though its G series is critically acclaimed, people back a little when it comes to LG smartphones. To attract people, LG started a new series called V series which offers premium and powerful smartphones with a lot of advanced features.
LG V series is like Samsung's Note lineup, monster specs, and large displays. LG which received quite a success with V10 and V20 is now planning to release V30 and the leaks got ahead of the announcement.
LG's next phone in the line-up "V30" is already grabbing attention thanks to its unique design. Leaks specialist Evan Blass took to Twitter the renders of LG V30 and they reveal a lot. Here are some interesting things about LG V30:
- V30 is under a Project named "Joan" (Not clear)
- The renders show a large phone with a sliding screen
- Being termed as "Secondary screen," it slides along the body and can be used in many ways
- The secondary display is touch-sensitive unlike the Qwerty keyboard in Blackberry Priv
- It looks like the phone will feature a complete metal unibody design
- The camera in the renders look a bit odd with 4 lenses at the back (Maybe two or one will be a flashlight)
- The renders also do not show any fingerprint sensor and looks like LG will make the fingerprint scanning more advanced
The leaks also showed the wide range of uses with the sliding secondary display. Here are some possibilities we gathered from the image:
- More options which show Share and other features will no longer occupy the main screen
- The secondary screen can be used as a keyboard giving you more space
- The sliding screen can also double as an extension to the wallpaper (Lock screen)
- For quick search, while you are chatting
- Features various tools particular to that app
The possibilities are many and it depends on the extent LG tweaks the secondary display and the involvement of third-party apps. Either way, a secondary screen has never been more interesting. The sliding keypad we have seen with Blackberry disappointed many but the images at least confirm that LG's sliding phone will be lot more fun.
The key specs and features are not known yet and we have to wait for another leak to know more.
These leaks will most likely be accurate as it has been with the previous leaks by Evan Blass. Anyway, LG is looking to make its smartphones a bit different and the phone will stand out from the others - let it be good or bad.