Ever bought a phone that costs in lakhs? Forget lakhs, Vertu's new mobile Signature Cobra edition costs a whopping 2.3 crores. The phone is one of the most expensive devices out in the market, but in a weird twist, the phone is just a feature phone - a phone with a keypad.
Vertu, British manufacturer and retailer of luxury and handmade mobile phones is once a part of Nokia but later bounced around multiple owners lastly reaching a Hong-Kong based company. Vertu is often known for its low-feature but crazy costing phones.
Vertu sees phones more as fashion accessories and follows the idea that "if we spend on an expensive watch, then why not on a phone?" The company also made some limited editions with automakers Ferrari and Bentley. Here are some of the main mobile line-ups from Vertu:
- Signature Series
- Constellation Series
- Ascent Series
- Aster Series
The company also made some smartphones under the said line-ups that as you expected to cost a fortune. Vertu also makes products like:
- Charging Pads (Wireless)
- Ball-point pen and Pencil
The Vertu Signature Cobra is the new addition to the Signature series and it is a limited edition phone. Here are the interesting features of this device:
- Costs about Rs 2.3 Crores
- There are only 8 Pieces made all over the world
- Designed by France-based jewellery brand, Boucheron
- Made of 388 different parts and are assembled by hand in a U.K
- Features two snakes on either side with Emerald eyes
- A total of 439 rubies are used in the design
- CNY 1000 (10,000 Rupees) need to paid up front and the rest will be paid on delivery
- Will be deliverd in a Helicopter
- Only 1 piece is available for China
The mobile is special only in its exterior design, and the specifications of the device are not known completely. It is a feature phone anyway, the specs are not the reason why one will buy this device. It is just a piece to flaunt their riches. But. the limited 8 pieces may not satisfy all the rich moguls.
The phone received many critical comments about why the devices are not worth it from leading websites like Wired calling Vertu mobiles a "Tasteless Trash."
This crazy mobile does not boast any technological features but instead wants to make you stand out from the rest. What do you think? If you are rich, will you consider it?