Google like Microsoft is pushing itself into business and companies since a few years in various forms. Last year, it announced Google Suite, a Microsoft Office-like collection of all the software and apps required for business. During the same time, it also announced Jamboard. Now it got an Android app for your devices for better interaction.
Google Jamboard is a large whiteboard announced last year mainly for companies and for productivity, this smart board works using cloud computing (all the data stored in the cloud). Announced alongside G Suite, the smart board is designed to fully utilise it (G Suite).
Here are some key features of Jamboard:
- A large display of 55-inch 4K Touchscreen
- Works based on Cloud collaboration with G Suite
- Mounted on a Rolling Stand that can be moved freely, adjusted in various ways for a better view
- Users can write on the board using Special markers given along with it
- An Eraser which is smart is useful for intelligent and intuitive data clearing
- The board can sue both WiFi or Ethernet
- Google Cast is supported for mirroring your smartphone
- Made by BenQ, the board features a wide angle camera and down firing speakers
- The Jamboard is not for everyone as the Board alone costs $4,999 if you need it to be wall-mounted
- The rolling stand costs an additional $1,349 and also there is the $600 annual management and support fee
- The board is available in three colours - Carmine Red, Cobalt Blue, and Graphite Gray
The Board also supports a wide range of handwriting which will be useful for note-taking. The board also comes with tools like stickers, sticky notes and other features. The board is also capable of differentiating between your finger and stylus for better interaction.
Google released an app for Jamboard recently and you can do a lot of things with that. The Jamboard app different features for Android mobiles and Tablets.
- While Tablets can create new Jams (A Jamboard session), mobiles cannot
- Both can add content like pictures and sticky notes to a Jam
- Mobile app can detect nearby Jams and can double as a remote for the Jamboard
- Tablets will be more interactive with Jams in real-time
Even though Jamboard is not for everyone, the existence of such devices bring a hope that it will inspire other companies to try the same. If it all works, we may get an affordable model soon. But for now, if you are looking one for your company, you can buy it here