BMW, the German automaker is known for its luxurious and sporty cars. The company as a celebration of its 100 years existence is launching futuristic concept vehicles to make the smart mobility in the future. As a part of BMW Motorrad Vision Next 100, it unveiled a concept car, a futuristic bike named BMW Vision Motorrad and now it unveiled its concept BMW Motorrad concept Link.
BMW Motorrad Concept Link
BMW says that this new bike is the "reinvention of urban mobility on two wheels." At the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este 2017 which is an annual event to showcase all the vintage and classic cars held by BMW itself, the company unveiled its new bike.
The new bike marks the future of two-wheels in urban areas with various factors completely reinvented and revamped. Here are some special features of BMW Motorrad Concept Link:
- Low-seat, long-body and diagonally rising front is to mark the futuristic design
- Liquid metal titanium is used as color in the front with black and gray body along with orange highlights
- Electronic drive helps in fast acceleration and easy handling
- A reverse gear helps in parking in tight spaces
- A length-adjustable seat
- A compartment below the seat that can be operated by a sliding door
- The orange cables connect battery pack and drive unit
- It can plan fastest routes based on the schedule and destinations
- A touch-sensitive large-size panel display connects user to technology
- The handlebars are equipped with buttons for easy and intelligent operation
- Every openable component can be accessed with very light touch requiring no effort
Edgar Heinrich, Head of Design of BMW Motorrad says,
The BMW Motorrad Concept Link stands for a new understanding of urban mobility. It links the digital and analogue world and places the focus on the rider and his mobility needs. In the way it links functionality and digitalisation it performs both as a means of transport as well as a communication device. For me the BMW Motorrad Concept Link, with its timeless and reduced style, is more than a concept – it is rather a symbol for a new era
Will It Be Out In The Market?
No. These concept vehicles from BMW are only designed to showcase and denote how the future mobility will be a part of its Vision Next 100 project. Also, all the vehicles are just prototypes and are not meant to use these days. BMW is undertaking this project just to show how future vehicles need to be designed.
But, if it gets a lot of demand in the release of these models, maybe the company will think of making a limited number for catering some of the high-tier people. Even though this may be a little disappointing, it creates an assurance that our mobility in the future will be much better.
There need to be more concepts for the vehicles of the future. Maybe we have to stop pursuing flying cars and self-driving cars and make zero-emission, rider-friendly automobiles that need not be autonomous but will make our life much attractive and enjoyable.