Bussiness meetings can be a bit boring. Sitting around round tables and opening powerpoint and excel sheets sucks the energy of the members. Business meetings can be made even more interactive and fun with some interactive apps and software. Of course, productivity must not be compromised.
Microsoft is pushing a lot of buttons to do the same for Business professionals. It launched the Surface Studio, a big board for collaboration, its shared Office apps and now Whiteboard.
Whiteboard: A Common Canvas
Found on the store, Whiteboard app allows sharing of the same canvas among various people. Imagine you want to jot down a quick idea to your team, you write on your screen and it appears on all other screens in real time. Interesting? Here are the features of Whiteboard:
- It is available for free on Windows store
- Supports every windows device like Surface Pro, Surface Laptop, and Surface Studio
- Works best with Surface Pen
- Instant sharing of these ink strokes is called as "Live Ink"
- Each participant ink has a special identity and this feature is called "local Ink identity"
- Infinite canvas
- Can be scaled, zoomed and panned as required
- Supports a lot of tools for doing almost everything - from writing notes to drawing professional art
Microsoft is working big on collaboration and productivity in businesses and education fields, it brings all its apps under one umbrella for best performance. The app seamlessly works with other windows apps like a charm.
Surface Pen is the most recommended accessory for this app and the various pen tips and attachments can make the Whiteboard an ultimate canvas to put out from ideas to various designs.
The Whiteboard have some unique features including:
- Collaborative Inking
- Geometry Recognition
- Table Conversion
- Automatic Table Shading and much more
Like the Ink Workspace, Microsoft added with the new Windows update, Whiteboard also supports your mouse or touchpad as input to draw or take notes but you will the pressure sensitiveness and latency.
This app is a step up to the traditional business tools and looks like productivity and collaboration can be teamed up with fun for better results.