Amazon is on a smash hit spree. Its products Echo, Fire TV and Prime Video are an official hit. The e-commerce company is also changing the way technology is being used in homes. With a motive to make homes smarter, it introduced previously mentioned Echo.
Featuring intelligent voice assistant Alexa, Echo is a voice-enabled speaker that can be used to play music, provide information, news etc. With a wide range of support with various services like Spotify, Pandora, Google, Amazon music etc, the intelligent speaker was well received all over the world.
Here are the eye-catching features of Amazon Echo
- Sleek Cylindrical shape making it easier to relocate and carry
- Speakers that can reach 360 degrees with loud sound
- Very intelligent A.I Alexa that comes with large base of prewritten commands
- Uses Echo Spacial Recognition (ESP) if there are multiple Echo devices to activate the one near you
- Seamlessly communicate with its lesser version Echo dot and other Echo devices for uninterrupted communication
- Excellent integration with other smart devices in your home
Amazon Echo With Touchscreen?
How to make a device even better? The answer is simple. Add a more interactive feature to the already best device. According to the recent leaks, Amazon is trying to do the same by adding an interactive touch screen to the device.
It was first reported by Bloomberg in November and AFTVnews leaked the design recently. The same website predicted the original Echo with images and it was 100 percent accurate. So this time, we think it will be no different.
Observing the leaked image, we can come to these major conclusions if at all it is true
- Amazon Echo will no longer retain its sleek design
- A 7-inch touchscreen will enable interactive communication
- A camera above the touchscreen can be used for video calling and quick snaps
- Amazon may likely lose the 360-degree speakers as it can be seen that the speaker grill is at the bottom of the device
Even though the upgrade of Amazon Echo is good to hear, many are disappointed seeing the design of the leaked device. Engadget stated that "Let us hope this isn't Amazon touchscreen Echo." The reason behind the statement is the box-like shaped design of this device. The touchscreen version lacks the futuristic looks of the original Amazon Echo.
Though the exact date of release is not yet known, the source of the leak AFTVnews is suggesting that the price may vary between $200 and $300 USD as it is superior to the $150 original version of Amazon Echo.
Though it is an exciting news to hear that Amazon Echo's new version will be hitting our homes, a doubt is somewhere lurking whether it will get an India release or not. With the positive response Amazon Prime Video and Amazon fire stick are receiving, let us hope Amazon sees the potential of the Indian market. Let us wait and see!